Workwear Supplies ABN 641 341 249 154 (Company) is committed to the protection of personal privacy and has adopted this policy to protect the information it retains about you, the Customer.
This policy describes the information collected by the Company, how that information is used and disclosed, how it is kept secure and how the Customer can access and correct it.
The Customer in this policy may be an individual or a company and includes browsers on the Company’s website.
In placing an order with the Company or making an application for credit, whether by completing the Supply Agreement/Credit Application or otherwise, you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy and understand that your information will be used, accessed and managed in accordance with these terms (as amended from time to time at the Company’s sole discretion).
Collection of information
The Company may collect and store information about the Customer, which it requires in order to:
- carry out its business.
- process the Customer’s order.
- provide a quotation; or
- answer a request for more information regarding the Company’s goods and services.
- name (including any registered business or company name) and address of the Customer;
- name, date of birth and address of directors, partners or sole traders;
- names of employees of the Customer; and
- nature of the Customer’s business.
The Customer can choose how much information they provide to the Company. The Customer should note that the Company can be limited in the services it provides to that Customer should it not be provided with sufficient information from the Customer.
Collection of website access information
The Company may collect and store information about the Customer’s visit to the Company’s website, including but not limited to:
- the name of the domain from which the Customer accessed the website;
- the date and time the Customer accessed the website;
- the internet address of the website from which the Customer linked directly to the website;
- and pages the Customer accessed while visiting the website.
This information does not identify individuals and is used to measure the number of visitors to the website and how it was navigated. The Company collects this information to make the website more useful to you and to improve its quality and effectiveness.
This information may also be used for the purposes of marketing; however the Customer will be given the opportunity when first contacted to decline to receive any marketing or promotional communications.
Collection of financial information The Company may obtain financial information about the Customer. This information will be used solely for the purposes of:
- assessing the Customer’s credit application; and
- assisting in the collection of overdue payments
The Company may also obtain consumer or commercial credit information about the customer from credit reporting agencies or credit providers nominated by the Customer in their credit application. This information will be used solely for the purposes of:
- notifying other credit providers of default by the Customer; and
- exchanging information with other credit providers who the Customer is in default with.
Use of information
The information obtained from the Customer is used, where the Customer has so requested, to:
- provide the Customer with more information regarding the Company’s goods and services;
- provide the Customer with a quotation for goods and services;
- provide the Customer with promotions and other initiatives offered by the Company;
- process the Customer’s order; and
- approve the Customer’s credit application.
The Company may use the Customer’s information for the purposes of marketing; however, the Customer will be given the opportunity when first contacted by the Company to decline to receive any marketing or promotional communications.
Disclosure of information to credit reporting agencies
The Company may disclose information about the Customer to a credit reporting agency. The information which the Company may disclose includes:
- details to identify the Customer;
- the fact the Customer have applied for credit and the amount applied for;
- payment overdue for at least 60 days and for which collection action has started;
- advice that payments are no longer overdue; and the fact that credit provided to the Customer has been paid or otherwise discharged.
Disclosure of information
Information collected by the Company is not disclosed to third parties unless it is in accordance with this policy.
The Company may provide any information which is collected from the Customer in accordance with this policy and provide that information to third parties:
- to whom the Company’s processes or functions are outsourced, including, for the avoidance of doubt, credit reporting agencies; or
- where the Customer could reasonably expect the Company to disclose such information,
(Collectively, Approved Third Parties)
The Customer acknowledges that the Company may be required to disclose information without the Customer’s consent, if such disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health, to investigate illegal activity or where it may be required by law. In such circumstances no prior consent will be sought from the Customer.
Security of personal information
The Company takes steps to protect information provided to it from risks such as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, disclosure or modification. The Customer’s information is stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. Access by authorised personnel is reviewed on a regular basis and such personnel are bound by this policy.
Any information that is transmitted over the internet is not guaranteed to be fully secure. Those activities are undertaken at the Customer’s own risk.
Access and correction of personal information
The Customer may at any time request access to information the Company has collected from the Customer by emailing the address below. If any of the Customer’s personal information is incorrect, please contact the Company and the information will be corrected as soon as possible.
Changes to Policy This policy may change at any time due to updates to national privacy laws, rules or guidelines.
Please contact the Company via email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.